German 1 ton Half-Track Sd.Kfz.10
Not to be taken lightly
The Sd.Kfz.10 belonged to the lightest category of trucks operated by the German forces during WWII, its compact body powered by a 100hp Maybach HL42 engine and gearbox allowing seven forward and three reverse speeds. The result was a vehicle which was very much at home on rough terrain, had a top speed of 65km/h and an operational range of up to 350km (on-road). There was sufficient space in the vehicle for 2 crew and 6 passengers. Originally developed to tow lighter weaponry such as 2cm anti-aircraft guns, 7.5cm light infantry guns and 5cm anti-tank guns, by the end of the war it was also hauling heavier units such as 7.5cm anti-tank guns and 30cm rocket launchers. For the 15,000-plus Sd.Kfz.10s manufactured between 1939 and 1944, a number of duties were assigned, in locations including the Eastern and North African fronts.
About the Model
- This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit.
- Length: 145mm, width: 55mm.
- The kit features parts which update the original Italeri classic.
- Newly-added parts depict reverse side of folded-away canvas roof, plus cabin interior weapon rack. Accessories and attachment mounts have also been redesigned.
- Mold for rear loop stay has been partially updated, and thin plastic plate included to depict windshield.
- A plethora of Tamiya-produced parts recreate jerry cans, light and more.
- Realistic assembly-type tracks feature one-piece straight sections for hassle-free building process.
- Canvas roof can be assembled in folded away or deployed state.
- Parts depicting soldier accessories and small firearms included.
- Comes with 3 figures (1 driver) and 4 markings, which reproduce Eastern and Italian front unit vehicles.