Tyrrell 003 1971 Monaco GP
Tamiya is proud to announce the re-issue of Item 12054. It has been 7 years since the previous release. The Tyrrell 003 featured a flat version of the T-shaped nose cowling inherited from the Tyrrell 001 and 002, and made its debut and got the first triumph in the second race of 1971, the Spanish GP with its driver J. Stewart. In the next race in Monaco, the Tyrrell 003 and 002 achieved a one-two finish.
Stewart achieved 6 wins in 11 races including the Monaco GP, more than enough for that season’s drivers’ and constructors’ titles.
About the Model
• This is a 1/12 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 345mm, width: 170mm, height: 70mm.
• The model realistically captures the T-shaped, flat nose cowling - called "hammer head" - of the 003 which raced in the 1971 Monaco GP, plus the rounded body panels.
• Steering wheel moves front wheels.
• Body upper cowling and nose parts can be removed even after assembly. (Includes stand to put these removed parts upon.)
• Front and rear suspension employs coil springs.
• Exquisite rendering of DFV engine realistically recreates pipes and wiring.
• Photo-etched parts are included to depict radiator, wing end plates, seatbelt buckle parts and more.
• Comes with high-quality Cartograf decals.